Cajun Country Pork Soutache
Onion - 1/2 cup, chopped
Celery - 1/4 cup, chopped
Green onion - 2 tablespoons, chopped
Parsley - 2 tablespoons, chopped
Green pepper - 1/4 cup, chopped
Ground red pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
Cream cheese - 1 8-oz. pkg., cubed
File powder (optional) - 1 teaspoon
Crescent dinner rolls - 18-oz. can, refrigerated
Egg - 1, beaten
Garlic - 1 clove, minced
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
1) In a skillet brown the pork and drain. Add onions, garlic, green peppers, celery, pepper and salt. Cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
2) Add cream cheese, green onion, parsley and file powder. Stir until cream cheese is completely melted.
3) Place the dinner roll on a lightly greased cookie sheet and firmly press the perforations to seal. Take a floured rolling pin and roll dough into 12 x 10-inch rectangle.
4) Spoon the pork mixture into the center of the dough, leaving 1-inch space on both ends and 3-inches on both sides. Cut into fourteen 3/4-inch diagonal strips 2-inches long.
5) Brush beaten eggs over dough strips. Fold the ends of dough over filling and lay dough strips alternately over filling. Form a roll in the shape of a braid. Brush with the remaining egg.
6) Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
7) Sprinkle some extra parsley and serve hot.