Mississippi Fried Chicken with Brown Gravy
|Chicken stock||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), hot|
|Chicken breast||8 , without bones|
|Celery salt||To Taste|
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Frying oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
1) In a saucepan, heat oil over low heat and stir in 2 tablespoon of flour.
2) Cook for 4 minutes, stirring continuously to avoid lumps and burning.
3) Stir in the hot stock, stirring until desired consistency is obtained.
4) Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5) In a wok, preheat oil over medium heat.
6) In a flat plate, spread flour, salt, pepper and celery salt.
7) Roll the chicken breast in the flour to coat lightly.
8) Shake the chicken and place in the hot oil, facing skin side down.
9) Cover the wok and cook for 10 minutes on one side turn and cook for 10 minutes more, until tender.
10) Using perforated ladle, remove the chicken and strain over paper towels.
11) Serve hot topped with the brown gravy.
Calories 1586 Calories from Fat 1140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 123 g189.4%
Saturated Fat 23.3 g116.7%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 208.6 mg69.5%
Sodium 522.7 mg21.8%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 0.64 g2.6%
Sugars 1.5 g
Protein 84 g168.3%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 7.2%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet