Individual Cherry Cobblers
|Pitted sweet cherries||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Quick-cooking tapioca||1 Tablespoon, uncooked|
|Almond extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg white||1 , beaten|
1) Take the custard cups and coat them with cooking spray. Keep the cups aside.
2) Combine sweet cherries, tapioca, sugar and almond extract in a bowl. Mix them well.
3) Take flours along with 1 tablespoon of sugar, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Add the shortening. Knead the flour.
4) Gradually add milk and other dry ingredients.
5) Take the dough and divide into 6 equal balls.
6) Roll each balls into the shape of a circle.
7) Keep the circle over each custard cup.
8) Seal the edges of the cup.
9) Brush them with egg whites. Make a small cut at top in order to allow steam to escape.
10) Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F until golden brown on top.
11) Serve Cobblers warm, straight out of the oven.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1248 Calories from Fat 291
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.6%
Saturated Fat 8 g39.8%
Trans Fat 3.9 g
Cholesterol 0.6 mg0.2%
Sodium 554 mg23.1%
Total Carbohydrates 218 g72.7%
Dietary Fiber 20.6 g82.3%
Sugars 104.7 g
Protein 20 g40.3%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 20.6%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 35.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet