Individual Cherry Cobblers
|Pitted sweet cherries||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Quick-cooking tapioca||1 Tablespoon, uncooked|
|Almond extract||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Skim milk||2 Tablespoon|
|Egg white||1 , beaten|
1) Take the custard cups and coat them with cooking spray. Keep the cups aside.
2) Combine sweet cherries, tapioca, sugar and almond extract in a bowl. Mix them well.
3) Take flours along with 1 tablespoon of sugar, salt and cinnamon in a bowl. Add the shortening. Knead the flour.
4) Gradually add milk and other dry ingredients.
5) Take the dough and divide into 6 equal balls.
6) Roll each balls into the shape of a circle.
7) Keep the circle over each custard cup.
8) Seal the edges of the cup.
9) Brush them with egg whites. Make a small cut at top in order to allow steam to escape.
10) Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F until golden brown on top.
11) Serve Cobblers warm, straight out of the oven.