Carrot Whole Wheat Popovers
|Whole wheat flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Skim milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Carrots||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), shredded|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
1. Preheat the oven to 475°F.
2. Combining first 6 ingredients in container of an electric blender process until smooth.
3. Coat six (6-ounce) custard cups with cooking spray.
4. Place cups in the preheated oven for 3 minutes.
5. Remove from oven, fill two-thirds full with batter.
6. Bake at 475°F for 20 minutes, reduce heat to 350°F and bake 25 minutes.
7. Serve hot as beverage or teatime snacks.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 702 Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.8%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 427.6 mg142.5%
Sodium 539 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 112 g37.2%
Dietary Fiber 13.9 g55.7%
Sugars 15.1 g
Protein 37 g75%
Vitamin A 152.8% Vitamin C 8.1%
Calcium 39% Iron 40.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet