Grecian Beef Stew
|Crumbled feta cheese||2 Ounce (1/2 Cup)|
|Lean round steak||2 Pound, about 1/2 inch thick|
|Vegetable cooking spray||1|
|Onion||2 Medium, cut into wedges|
|Whole tomatoes||14 1⁄2 Ounce, undrained, chopped (1 Can)|
|Burgundy/Other dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|No salt added tomato paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Dried whole oregano||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cooked parboiled rice||2 Cup (32 tbs), hot, cooked without salt or fat|
1)Wash the feta cheese with cold running water and drain it properly.
2) Remove the extra fat from the steak and cut into 1- inch size cubes.
3) Take a Dutch oven and spray it with cooking spray. Heat the oven over medium heat.
4) Put the steak and cook until it becomes brown on all the sides.
5) Add onions and other remaining ingredients except rice. Boil the content properly.
6) Simmer on low heat for
1 hour and 30 minutes until the meat is cooked thoroughly.
7) Remove the bay leaf before serving.
8) Add rice and sprinkle cheese on the top.