Cajun Stuffed Peppers
|Sweet red pepper||6 Medium|
|Ground lean pork||1 Pound|
|Chopped celery||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|No salt tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dried whole thyme||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Crushed red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) From each sweet red pepper, cut a slice from top, reserving tops; remove seeds.
2) In boiling water, place peppers and boil for 5 minutes.
3) Drain them and keep aside.
4) In a large skillet, combine ground pork, celery, onion, green pepper, garlic, and bay leaf.
5) Cook over medium-high heat until meat is browned, stir until crumble.
6) Drain meat mixture in a colander.
7) With paper towels, pat dry the meat mixture to remove excess fat.
8) Remove and discard bay leaf.
Wipe skillet dry with a paper rowel.
9) Return meat mixture to skillet.
10) Add tomato sauce and remaining ingredients; stir well.
11) Boil the meat.
12) Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
13) Spoon 1/2 cup meat mixture into each reserved pepper.
14) In a 10- x 6- x 2-inch baking dish, arrange peppers, cut side up,
15) Cover the peppers with reserved tops.
16) Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
17) Serve the stuffed peppers with curries and other main dishes.