|Cooking apples||1 Pound (Weighed After Peeling)|
|Stale bread slices||4 (3/8' Thick)|
|Clarified butter||3 Ounce|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , rind and juiced|
1. Prepare the base of a china dish by cutting a slice of bread to fit the bottom of the glass dish
2. Cut the rest of the bread such that it fits along the sides of the china dish or pan.
3. Brush the bread over with clarified butter.
4. Preheat the oven to 375° F
5. In a large pan, cook the apples to make a thick sauce.
6. Sieve them and add lemon rind, juice, sugar and butter and mix well.
7. Beat the yolks well and add them to the apple mixture
8. Tip the mixture in the prepared mold. Cover with the slice of bread
9. Cover with greased paper and press down with a weighted saucer. Bake for 1 1/2 hours
10. Invert on to a serving dish and serve with clotted cream