Mock Mint Julep
|Mint leaves||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Bourbon||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened apple cider||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
1) In a 2-quart glass mesaure, place the mint leaves.
2) With the back of a spoon, bruise the leaves gently. Set aside.
3) In a large saucepan, combine together the water and bourbon. Bring the contents to a boil.
4) Over the reserved mint leaves, pour the bourbon mixutre. Cover and set aside for about 5 minutes.
5) Strain the mixutre and throw away the mint leaves.
6) Add the apple cider and stir well.
7) Over crushed ice, pour the drink and garnish with fresh mint. Serve right away.