Easy Apple Charlotte
|Cooking apples||1 Pound|
|Sugar syrup/Golden syrup||4 Ounce|
|Fresh breadcrumbs||3 Ounce|
|Lemon||1 , rind and juiced|
|Suet/Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
1. Wash and peel the apples and set aside till required. Cover the apples with lemon juice to prevent oxidation
2. Mix the breadcrumbs, sugar and suet till well mixed. Add the finely shredded rind to the mix
3. In a greased pie plated, tip in the prepared apples and cover with the breadcrumbs mixture
4. Continue alternating till the entire mixture is used up.
5. Melt butter and spread it over the pie.
6. Top with the breadcrumb mixture and bake in a hot oven for 45 minutes to one hour
7. Serve cold with ice cream or cold cream