Chilled Cajun Red Beans and Rice
|Canned red kidney beans||15 Ounce (1 can)|
|Reduced calorie italian salad dressing||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried whole thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Dried whole oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Parboiled rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked without salt or fat, chilled|
|Sliced celery||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped onion||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chopped tomato||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) In a colander, place the kidney beans.
2) Rinse the beans in cold rap water for 1 minute.
3) Drain the beans by placing the colander aside.
4) In a jar, add dressing and next 7 ingredients.
5) Cover the lid tightly and shake vigorously.
6) Place the dressing in refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
7) In a bowl, add reserved kidney beans, reserved chilled dressing, and remaining ingredients.
8) Gently toss all ingredients.
9) Cover with lid and place inside refrigerator for 8 hours or over-night.
10) Serve the salad by seasoning with freshly ground black pepper.