|Dry yeast||1⁄2 Ounce, softened in 1/2 cup warm water (2 packages)|
|Warm water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Raw sugar/Light brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (not packed down)|
|Warm water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Unbleached flour||5 Cup (80 tbs), sifted|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), unsifted|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) In a large bowl, beat together, yeast, sugar, warm water and 2 cups unbleached flour, to smooth dough.
3) Cover the dough with damp cloth.
4) Leave the dough in a warm place, and allow to rise for about 30 minutes until double in size.
5) Mix in salt and olive oil, whole-wheat flour and 2-1/2 cups unbleached flour.
6) Lightly knead to make smooth dough.
7) Cover with a cloth, and leave in warm place and allow to rise until doubled in size, for 45 minutes.
8) Dust the working table with flour.
9) Place the dough on working table.
10) Add 1/2 to 3/4 cups unbleached flour and knead until dough is no longer sticky and feels elastic.
11) While kneading dust hands and board with flour.
12) Knead continuously for about 10 minutes.
13) Cut the dough in half, knead each half about 25 to 30 times.
14) Shape into round loaves of about 5 inches across.
15) Arrange the loaves in buttered layer cake pans.
16) Cover with damp cloth, and leave in warm place and allow to rise until doubled in size, for 45 minutes.
17) Bake in oven for 30 minutes until browned on top and light in weight.
18) Take the loaves out of oven and allow to cool on racks at least 10 minutes.
19) Cut into wedges and serve warm.