Hawaiian Snow Balls
|Vanilla ice milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Flaked unsweetened coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For pineapple sauce|
|Freshly squeezed orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned unsweetened crushed pineapple||20 Ounce (1 can)|
1. Pre heat an oven to 175C (350F).
2. In a shallow baking pan, place coconut and bake in middle rack for 10 minutes, or till coconut turns pale brown in colour.
3. Once done, keep aside to cool.
4. Line wax paper on a small baking tray.
5. Divide Vanilla Ice milk into 4 equal sized round scoops and place on lined baking tray.
6. Freeze for minimum 2 hours or till firmly set.
7. Once frozen, remove and roll in browned coconut.
8. Re freeze for 30 more minutes.
9. In a medium sized sauce pan, combine cornstarch, honey and orange juice. Using a whisk, mix well.
10. Add pineapple and mix well. Cook over a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till sauce is thick.
11. Remove balls on to a serving platter, place a dollop of prepared sauce on each scoop and serve immediately.