Mini Cheese and Chive Popovers
|Eggs||1 (at room temperature)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (at room temperature)|
|All purpose flour/Unbleached flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs) (Pillsbury BEST)|
|Finely shredded cheddar cheese||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh chives/1 teaspoon freeze dried chives||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Coat the sides and bottom of 18 small muffin cups with butter.
3) In bowl, whisk the eggs until foamy.
4) Pour in the milk and mix well.
5) Stir in flour, cheese, chives, garlic powder, salt and butter.
6) Beat just until batter is smooth and foamy on top.
7) Slowly pour batter into coated cups, to fill within 1/4 inch of top.
8) Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
9) Keep the doors closed all the times, to maintain the constant temperature.
10) Lower the temperature to 350°F. and bake for 10 to 20 minutes or until the mixture fluffs up and deep golden brown.
11) Take the muffin cups and insert a sharp knife into each popover to let the steam to escape.
12) Remove from pan.
13) Serve hot over the bed of mixed salad.