Chocolate Dipped Flapjacks
|Soft brown sugar||2 Ounce|
|Golden syrup||4 Ounce|
|Rolled oats||6 Ounce|
|Glace cherries||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Roasted hazelnuts||1 Ounce, chopped|
|Plain chocolate||4 Ounce, melted|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 350 degrees.
2) In a bowl, put all the ingredients, except for the chocolate. Beat well for 2 to 3 minutes, till well blended.
3) Into a greased 11x7-inch Swiss roll tin, spread the mixture.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes.
5) While still hot, mark the cake into 16 bars and then leave aside to cool in the tin.
6) In the chocolate, dip the ends of flapjacks and then leave to set completely.
7) In case you want to freeze the flapjacks, flash freeze them till firm and then pack in a rigid container, separating each layer with foil. Seal, label and store in the freezer.
8) To serve the flapjacks without freezing, arrange them on a decorative serving platter and serve at room temperature or slightly chilled. If using frozen flapjacks, thaw them at room temperature for 1 to 2 hours and then serve. Serve as a snack