|Basic shortcrust pastry dough||1|
|Butter||1 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce|
|Ground almonds||2 Ounce|
|Apricot jam||4 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 400 degrees.
2) On a floured surface, roll out the pastry. Use it to line 12 patty tins.
3) In a bowl, put the sugar and butter. Beat well till the mixture is light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, a little bit at a time, and then fold in the ground almonds.
4) Into the bottom of each tart shell, spoon some jam and divide the almond batter equally between the shells.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, till the tarts are golden brown in color and well risen. Move then to a wire rack and cool completely.
6) If you wish to freeze the tarts, pack them in a rigid container (separate each layer with foil), seal, label and freeze.
7) To serve the tarts without freezing them, place on a decorative serving platter and serve at room temperature or slightly chilled. If using frozen tarts, then first thaw them at room temperature for about 2 hours and then serve.