|Chicken vegetable homemade soup starter||7 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Fully cooked ham/Canned ham||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs), cut into thin strips, 1 1/2 inches long|
|Uncooked converted rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Vinegar||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ginger||1⁄8 Teaspoon, grated|
|Canned pineapple tidbits||8 Ounce, drained, juice reserved (1 can)|
|Soy sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Green pepper||1 Small, chopped|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (optional)|
1. In large skillet combine SOUP STARTER- ingredients and 4 cups water.
2. Cover and cook on low flame for 30 minutes.
3. Pour out the excess liquid.
4. Stir in ham and rice.
5. Blend the sugar, vinegar, seasonings, 1 1/2 cups water and reserved pineapple juice, and soy sauce.
6. Stir it into the ham rice mixture.
7. Cover and continue to simmer for another 20 minutes.
8. During last 10 minutes gently mix in the pepper, pineapple tidbits and raisins.
9. Fluff up and turn the Ham Hawaiian into a serving dish.
10. Serve warm or cold