Tomato Beef Stew
|Cubed beef||1 Pound|
|Seasoned flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Condensed tomato soup||10 3⁄4 Ounce|
|Water||120 Milliliter (1 Soup Can)|
|Whole white onions||6 Small|
|Carrots||6 Small, halved|
|Potatoes||3 , quartered|
|Whole thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Dredge the beef cubes, thoroughly with the seasoned flour.
2) In a large heavy pan, saute the beef in shortening, until browned.
3) Stir in the tomato soup and water; blend thoroughly.
4) Cover and simmer over a low heat, stirring occasionally for 1 1/2 hours.
5) Then stir in the onions, carrots, potatoes and thyme.
6) Cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 1 hour, or until the vegetables are tender.
7) Then uncover and cook further, to get a desired consistency.
8) Serve the Tomato Beef Stew immediately on serving plates.