Cajun Chicken Loaf
|Canola oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Celery stalks||2 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Sweet green pepper||1 , finely chopped|
|Skinless boneless chicken thighs||1 Pound|
|Fresh bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dried thyme||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Hot red pepper sauce||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
1. Chop the chicken meat and set aside.
2. In a non stick fry pan, heat oil, add onion, celery, garlic, pepper and sautÃ© until soft and transfer to a bowl.
3. Add chopped chicken meat, to the sautÃ©ed vegetables, add green pepper, egg white, bread crumbs, thyme, red pepper sauce, seasoning and mix well.
4. Cover a wire rack with foil, make small holes to allow juices to drain out and set in a roasting pan.
5. Form 8X4X2-inch loaf out of the chicken mixture onto the rack.
6. Bake the loaf at 200 degrees centigrade for about 60 minutes until set.
7. Slice and serve warm.