Pennsylvania Dutch Pot Roast
|7 bone beef pot roast||4 Pound|
|Seasoning mix||1 Ounce (1 Package Lawry'S Brand, For Pot Roast)|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced in rings|
|Green apples||2 , peeled and sliced about 1/2 inch thick|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F
2. Place meat on a large piece of aluminum foil.
3. Sprinkle the meat with Pot Roast Seasoning Mix, rubbing it into the meat.
4. Arrange a layer of onion rings and apples over the steak.
5. Pour water over meat apples and onions and wrap, sealing the package well.
6. Place the package in a roasting pan.
7. Cook the meat for 3 hours in the preheated oven.
8. Remove from oven and let the meat rest, covered in the foil package for 10 minutes.
9. Un-wrap and place the roast on a serving platter.
10. Pour the juice in the foil package over the meat.
11. Slice with steak knife against the grain and serve with onions and apples.