Pennsylvania Dutch Pot Roast
|7 bone beef pot roast||4 Pound|
|Seasoning mix||1 Ounce (1 Package Lawry'S Brand, For Pot Roast)|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced in rings|
|Green apples||2 , peeled and sliced about 1/2 inch thick|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 °F
2. Place meat on a large piece of aluminum foil.
3. Sprinkle the meat with Pot Roast Seasoning Mix, rubbing it into the meat.
4. Arrange a layer of onion rings and apples over the steak.
5. Pour water over meat apples and onions and wrap, sealing the package well.
6. Place the package in a roasting pan.
7. Cook the meat for 3 hours in the preheated oven.
8. Remove from oven and let the meat rest, covered in the foil package for 10 minutes.
9. Un-wrap and place the roast on a serving platter.
10. Pour the juice in the foil package over the meat.
11. Slice with steak knife against the grain and serve with onions and apples.
Calories 437 Calories from Fat 77
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.2%
Saturated Fat 2.9 g14.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 194.7 mg64.9%
Sodium 333 mg13.9%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 5.1 g
Protein 74 g147.5%
Vitamin A 0.6% Vitamin C 28.6%
Calcium 2.6% Iron 0.45%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet