Hawaiian Ham Kabobs
|Canned pineapple chunks||16 1⁄2 Ounce (2 Cans, 8 1/4 Ounce Each)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Freshly grated ginger root||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cooked ham||3 Ounce, cut into 36 to 40 1/2-inch cubes|
|Canned whole mushrooms||4 1⁄2 Ounce, drained (Green Giant Brand, 1 Jar)|
|Snow peas||4 Ounce|
1) Pour off the liquid from pineapple and reserve 1/3 cup of liquid.
2) In a bowl, place together pineapple liquid, soy sauce, oil, ginger, garlic powder and pepper.
3) Whisk the soy sauce mixture until well mixed.
4) Mix in ham, mushrooms and snow peas, until well coated.
5) Put a lid on the bowl and refrigerate for 1 to 3 hours.
6) Strain the ham mixture reserving the marinade.
7) Place 1 snow peas on each mushroom and prick with toothpick.
8) Pierce 1 pineapple and 1 ham cube in the opposite end of the toothpick.
9) Arrange the toothpicks on the broiler pan.
10) Broil 4 to 6 inches from the heat for about 9 minutes, truning once and basting with the marinade.
11) Serve hot with a small mixed salad.