Baltimore Pepper Steak
|Round steak||1 Pound, cut into thin strips|
|Sliced green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Coarsely chopped celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sliced mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Corn starch||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Old bay seasoning||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Baltimore Spice Brand)|
1. In a cup, blend the cornstarch with water and soy sauce.
2. In a large wok or a deep skillet, melt and heat the butter or margarine.
3. Add the meat strips and brown evenly over medium high heat.
4. Let the vegetables and seasoning join the meat in the pan. Stir fry for another 5 minutes.
5. Stir and pour in the cornstarch mixture.
6. Continue to cook, stirring until the sauce thickens and is clear.
7. Serve Baltimore Pepper Steak and vegetables immediately over rice or noodles.
Calories 283 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.8%
Saturated Fat 7.6 g38%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 62.1 mg20.7%
Sodium 1227.7 mg51.2%
Total Carbohydrates 9 g2.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.6%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 25 g50.2%
Vitamin A 5.1% Vitamin C 3.9%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 6.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet