|Condensed golden mushroom soup||10 Ounce (1 Can, Campbell's Brand)|
|Ground beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Finely chopped onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Ketchup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Mustard powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a large bowl, combine the meat with 1/3 cup of the soup.
2. Add the crumbs, onion, egg and seasonings. Mix thoroughly breaking up the lumps. Use a fork to mix.
3. Divide the mixture into 6 equal portions and shape into even size patties.
4. Heat a large skillet and cook the patties, using a little fat to fry if the meat is lean.
5. When browned on both sides, remove patties to a serving platter.
6. Stir flour into the drippings in the pan and sautÃ© until cooked.
7. Blend remaining soup with water, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
8. Gradually pour into the pan, stirring to blend with the flour.
9. Cook the sauce, stirring constantly, until thick and boiling.
10. Pour the sauce over the steaks and serve with potato mash on the side.