|Cooking apples||1 Pound|
|Golden syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , zest grated|
1. Pre-heat the oven to Regulo 4 or 350°F.
2. Using a knife peel, quarter and core apples. Slice thinly into cold water.
3. Take a 1 1/2 pint pie dish and grease it. Keep half the apples in an uniform layer in the bottom of the dish; cover with half the breadcrumbs. Repeat with the remaining apples, then finally a layer of breadcrumbs on top.
4. In a small saucepan, heat the syrup, sugar, butter, water and grated lemon zest together, until the sugar has dissolved and the butter melted.
5. Carefully over the pudding, pour this mixture .
6. Cook half way down the oven, for 40-50 minutes, until the apples are soft and the pudding is golden on top.
7. Serve the fresh baked Apple Charlote immediately.