|Stewing chicken||5 Pound (1 Chicken, 4 To 5 Pound)|
|Celery salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Instant chopped onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bell pepper flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs) (No. 303 Can)|
|Parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon|
|Cayenne pepper/Red pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Lemon peel||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Season all||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned whole kernel corn||17 Ounce (1 No. 303 Can)|
|Lima beans||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh, Frozen Or Canned)|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) In a large kettle, place the stewing chicken and cover with water.
2) Add 2 teaspoons salt, celery salt and bay leaf, then simmer until the chicken is tender.
3) Remove the chicken meat from bone and cut into bite-size pieces.
4) Reserve 3 cups of the stock and keep aside.
5) In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, saute the onions and pepper flakes in butter.
6) Stir in the tomatoes, remaining salt, seasonings, sugar and the reserved stock, then simmer for 30 minutes.
7) Stir in the corn, lima beans and chicken and simmer for another 2 hours.
8) In a bowl, mix the flour and water into a smooth paste and stir into the stew.
9) Continue to cook over a low heat, until the stew is thickened.
10) Serve the Brunswick Stew, immediately on individual serving plates.
Calories 705 Calories from Fat 348
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.6%
Saturated Fat 12.8 g63.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 205.1 mg68.4%
Sodium 1135.5 mg47.3%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8.1%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.9%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 63 g126.4%
Vitamin A 27% Vitamin C 35.3%
Calcium 10% Iron 33.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet