Virginia Mint Julep
|Mint sprig||9 (Tender Young)|
|Sugar/Sugar syrup||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed ice||1 Tablespoon (As Required)|
|Bourbon/Scotch whiskey||3 Ounce|
1. Take an iced mug or glass and put 6 sprigs of young mint into it.
2. Pour in the sugar and crush the mint into the sugar with a spoon or pestle.
3. Fill the mug or glass with dry crushed ice and pour the whisky over the ice and stir gently.
4. Pack in more crushed ice and continue to stir until frost appears.
5. Fix three sprigs of mint into the top of the drink.
6. Wrap the mug with a table napkin but do not touch the mug with bare fingers or the frost will disappear
The best way to chill a glass is to pop a dry one in the freezer overnight. If you forgot to plan ahead, fill a glass with ice and set aside on the counter for several minutes. Dump out the melted ice when ready and pour in your ingredients.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 222 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.17 g0.26%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.22%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 6.3 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.8%
Sugars 5 g
Protein 0.67 g1.3%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C 9.5%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet