Tennessee Mint Julep
|Mint sprig||9 (Tender Young Variety)|
|Sugar syrup||1 Teaspoon|
|Crushed ice||1 Tablespoon|
|Bourbon/Scotch whiskey||3 Ounce (3 Parts)|
1. In an iced old-fashioned glass or highball glass, put 6 sprigs of mint into it.
2. Add half the sugar syrup, and with a mixing spoon crush the mint into the sugar syrup, spreading it along the sides.
3. Pack the glass with crushed ice and blend the remaining sugar syrup.
4. Pour the whisky over the ice stir gently.
5. Add more crushed ice, stir until frost forms.
6. Fix three sprigs of mint into the top of the glass.
7. Wrap with a table napkin and serve.
Mint juleps are held only by the bottom and top edges of the glass. This allows frost to form on the outside of the cup.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 221 Calories from Fat 1
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.17 g0.26%
Saturated Fat 0.04 g0.22%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9.3 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.8%
Sugars 4.4 g
Protein 0.67 g1.3%
Vitamin A 15.3% Vitamin C 9.5%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 5.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet