|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cooking oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Onions||2 Medium, finely chopped to make 1 cup|
|Celery stalks||2 , finely chopped to make 1 cup|
|Green pepper||1 , finely chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Water||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bottled hot pepper sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Crab meat||1 Pound (Fresh / Frozen, Thawed)|
|Shelled shrimp||1 Pound (Fresh / Frozen)|
|Shucked oysters||1 Pint|
|Green onion tops||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), snipped|
|Hot cooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (For Serving)|
1. In a saucepan blend together flour and oil; cook over medium heat, stir constantly for about 15 minutes or till flour is a dark reddish-brown color.
2. Stir in onions, celery, green pepper, and garlic; cook for about 8 minutes or till vegetables are lightly browned.
3. Combine water, salt, and hot pepper sauce; bring it to boil.
4. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 1 hour.
5. Add crabmeat and shrimp; simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes more.
6. Add oysters and oyster liquid; simmer for about 5 minutes more or just till edges of oysters curl.
7. Stir in green onion tops and parsley and season to taste with salt and pepper.
8. Ladle the stew into individual bowls over mounds of rice.