|Broiler fryer chicken||3 Pound, cut up (1 In Number)|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried rosemary||1 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Potatoes||2 Medium, peeled and diced to make 2 cups|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce, cut up (1 Can)|
|Canned cream style corn||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Frozen cut okra||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Frozen lima beans||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped to make 1 cup|
1. In a saucepan add water, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, rosemary, bay leaf and chicken; bring it to boil.
2. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about an hour or till chicken is tender.
3. Remove chicken from broth and skim off the fat from the broth.
4. When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove and discard skin and bones; cut the chicken into cubes.
5. Return cut-up chicken to the broth and stir in potatoes, un-drained tomatoes, corn, okra, beans, onion, sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and pepper; cover and simmer for another 40 minutes.
6. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
7. Arrange the soup into individual bowl and serve hot with garlic bread.
Calories 1068 Calories from Fat 477
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 53 g81.6%
Saturated Fat 15.1 g75.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 255.1 mg85%
Sodium 1470.3 mg61.3%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g25.1%
Dietary Fiber 13.3 g53.4%
Sugars 12.5 g
Protein 76 g151%
Vitamin A 31.2% Vitamin C 102.3%
Calcium 15% Iron 47.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet