Giant Pecan Popovers
|Pecans||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), sifted|
1. Preheat oven at 475°.
2. Grease custard cups well and keep aside.
3. In blender container chop pecans, transfer to a bowl and set nuts aside.
4. In blender container place milk and eggs and blend with cover for 2 seconds.
5. Add flour and salt; cover and blend 10 seconds and stir in pecans.
6. Fill the greased custard cups half full.
7. Bake for 15 minutes, then reduce heat to 350° and bake 25 to 30 minutes longer or till brown and firm.
8. A few minutes before removing from oven, prick each popover with a fork to let steam escape.
9. Serve Giant Pecan Popovers hot with beverages or as desired.
If you like pop-overs dry and crisp, turn off oven and leave popovers while baking in the oven 30 minutes with door ajar.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 958 Calories from Fat 362
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.5%
Saturated Fat 9.5 g47.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 445.6 mg148.5%
Sodium 717.4 mg29.9%
Total Carbohydrates 113 g37.5%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26%
Sugars 14.3 g
Protein 36 g71.5%
Vitamin A 14.7% Vitamin C 0.6%
Calcium 35% Iron 47.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet