Pork Brunswick Stew
|Soft bread crumbs||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (1 slice)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground sage||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground pork||1 Pound|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned tomatoes||28 Ounce, cut up (1 can)|
|Canned whole kernel corn||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped for 1/2 cup|
|Prepared mustard||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Mix together pork, crumbs, milk, 3/4-teaspoon salt, and sage; mix well.
2. Shape into 36 one-inch balls.
3. In Dutch oven heat oil and brown meatballs, half at a time.
4. Drain off the fat and return all meatballs to the Dutch oven.
5. Add the tomatoes, corn, onion, vinegar, mustard and sugar; bring the mixture to boil.
6. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
7. Ladle stew into individual bowls and serve hot with toasted garlic bread.