|Yeast||1⁄3 Ounce (1 1/2 packages)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
|Flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2) In a small pan, stir the yeast in the milk, until dissolved.
3) Scald the milk and allow to cool until it is lukewarm.
4) Stir in rest of the ingredients and beat thoroughly.
5) Cover the dough with a towel and allow to rise in a warm place, until double in bulk.
6) Punch down the dough and roll out on a floured board to 1/4-inch thickness.
7) Cut the dough into 2 1/2-inch diamond shapes and dip in butter.
8) In a medium ring mold, arrange the shapes, overlapping and allow to rise again.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
10) Slice and serve the Monkey Bread on a serving platter.