Fast Chicken Creole
|Cooked rice||3 Cup (48 tbs) (hot)|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mashed|
|Condensed chicken gumbo soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Tomato wedges in tomato soup||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Mushrooms||1 Can (10 oz), sliced, drained|
|Boned chicken||2 Can (20 oz), diced|
|Marjoram leaf||1⁄4 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Processed american cheese||8 Ounce, shredded (1 packet)|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a lightly greased 8-cup baking dish, add the cooked rice.
3) In a large saucepan, melt butter or margarine. Add in the green pepper, onion, celery and garlic and saute till the vegetables turn soft.
4) Add in the condensed gumbo soup, tomato wedges in tomato soup, mushrooms, chicken, marjoram and salt.
5) Mix well and pour the mixture over the rice in the baking dish. Spread out the mixture evenly. Sprinkle the top with shredded cheese.
6) Bake for 30 minutes or till the sauce starts to bubble.
7) Serve the Fast Chicken Creole, sprinkled with chopped parsley.