Boston Seafood Chowder
|Frozen fish fillets||1 Pound (cod or perch)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Canned condensed cream of potato soup||21 1⁄2 Ounce, undiluted (2 cans, 10 3/4 oz. each)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned mixed vegetables||32 Ounce, undrained (Veg-all, 2 cans, 16 oz. each)|
1. Remove the frozen fish from freezer and let thaw at room temperatur for 15 minutes.
2. Remove and bones or skin and dice the fish fillets. Keep aside.
3. In a cooking casserole or Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium heat.
4. Add the onion and sautÃ© it until it is soft and transparent.
5. Empty in the soup cans and stir in milk.
6. Allow the soup to come to a boil, stirring to blend.
7. Tip in the mixed vegetables and thyme.
8. Add the fish cubes to the boiling liquid and gently stir once.
9. Let the soup simmer for a few minutes, just until the fish is cooked and flakes easily.
10. Ladle the hot soup, vegetables, and fish into soup bowls.
11. Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika and serve with crusty bread.
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 95
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.7%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 61.4 mg20.5%
Sodium 1075.7 mg44.8%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.9%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 21 g41.1%
Vitamin A 354.6% Vitamin C 18.1%
Calcium 15% Iron 9.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet