Spiced Beef Stew
|Beef stew meat||2 Pound, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Cooking oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Condensed beef broth||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Crushed dried oregano||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground coriander||2 Teaspoon|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Cold water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweet potatoes||3 Medium, peeled and cubed to make about 3 cups|
|Tomatoes||2 Medium, peeled and quartered|
|Onion||1 Medium, cut into wedges|
|Green pepper||1 Medium, cut into strips|
|Cabbage head||1⁄2 Small, cut into wedges|
1. In a saucepan, heat oil and brown the meat, half at a time.
2. Return the entire meat into the saucepan and add 2 1/2 cups water, the condensed beef broth, bay leaves, oregano, coriander, salt, cumin, pepper, and garlic.
3. Bring the stew to boil.
4. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for about 1 1/4 hours or till meat is nearly tender.
5. Remove bay leaves and skim off the fat.
6. Stir in 3/4-cup water and flour into the meat mixture.
7. Cook and stir till stew is thick and bubbly.
8. Stir in sweet potatoes, tomatoes, onion, and green pepper; arrange cabbage atop.
9. Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes or till meat and vegetables are tender.
10. Arrange the stew in a large serving bowl and serve hot with toasted garlic bread.