Hawaiian Glazed Chicken
|Cubed white bread||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Canned pineapple slices in own juice||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Broiler fryer chicken||3 Pound (1 Number)|
|Pineapple glaze||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 375°F.
1) In a medium bowl, add bread cubes, 2 tablespoons of margarine or butter, curry powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
2) Drain the pineapple juice into a 1 cup-measurer. Keep it aside for later along with four slices of pineapple.
3) Chop the remaining pineapple slices. Add into the bread mixture and toss well.
4) Take the chicken and fill it with the stuffing. Skewer the neck skin to back, close the body cavity and tie the legs to the tail.
5) Place the chicken on a rack to roast. Brush the chicken with butter or margarine and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
6) Roast the chicken for about 1 hour, basting it with the pan droppings often.
7) In a small saucepan, add 1 tablespoon corstarch, pineapple juice, 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar, 1/2 teaspoon curry powder. Cook, stirring constantly. Let the mixture bubble in about a minute.
8) Brush the chicken and the pineapple slices with the pineapple glaze. Continue roasting for 15 more minutes, basting often.
9) Add the remaining pineapple glaze in a small saucepan. Add in 1 tablespoon of water. Stir till the sauce starts to bubble.
10) Serve the pineapple glaze alongside the chicken.