Creole Tomato Soup
|Sliced green onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Vegetable juice cocktail||24 Ounce (2 Cans, 12 Ounce Each, About 3 Cups)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Long grain rice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crushed dried thyme||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned shrimp||4 1⁄2 Ounce, drained, deveined (1 Can)|
1. In a saucepan cook onion and garlic in butter or margarine till tender and translucent but not brown.
2. Add vegetable juice cocktail, water, uncooked rice, sugar, salt, thyme, and bay leaf and bring to boiling.
3. Reduce heat; cover and simmer about 25 minutes or till rice is tender.
4. Stir in shrimp and heat through.
5. Remove bay leaf before serving.
6. Ladle soup into individual serving bowls.
7. Serve immediately.