|Fresh root ginger slice/2 teaspoons preserved ginger, finely chopped||1 , crushed|
|Shortening/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lean spareribs||3 Pound, cut in serving-size pieces|
|Fresh pineapple||1⁄2 Medium, peeled and cut in large chunks|
|Papaya/2 small||1 Large, peeled and cut in large chunks|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Unsweetened pineapple juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1. In a large skillet brown ginger lightly in shortening, then add spareribs and brown on both sides.
2. Pouring off excess fat arrange pineapple and papaya over ribs.
3. In a bowl blend brown sugar, cornstarch, salt, pineapple juice, vinegar and soy sauce.
4. Pour over ribs and cover skillet lightly.
5. Simmer until sauce thickens and ribs are fork-tender, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
6. Serve the ribs hot topped with the sauce over and around.