Homemade Chicken Hawaiian
|Onions||6 , sliced|
|Celery||3 Quart, sliced|
|Shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Canned bean sprouts||7 Pound, undrained (14 cups / 7 cans, 1 pound each)|
|Finely diced cooked chicken||2 1⁄2 Quart|
|Chicken bouillon cubes||12|
|Hot water||2 1⁄4 Quart|
|Soy sauce||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cold water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Packaged precooked rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chow mein noodles||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1. In a large kettle, tip in the onions and the celery.
2. Add the shortening to the kettle and cook the vegetables for 10 minuets till done
3. To the same kettle, add the bean sprouts, chicken, and the bouillon to the hot water to make a smooth stock.
4. Bring to the boil and simmer for five minutes till done.
5. Add the soy sauce, and then add the cornstarch blended in cold water. This will turn the sauce thick and flavored.
6. Serve hot with rice or noodles.