|Broiler fryer chicken pieces||3 Pound|
|Frozen pineapple orange juice concentrate||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), thawed|
|Corn flakes/1 cup corn flake crumbs||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Curry powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. In a shallow baking pan sprinkle chicken pieces with salt.
2. In a small bowl beat egg with pineapple-orange juice concentrate and pour over chicken pieces.
3. Keep in refrigerator for about 1 hour, turning pieces once.
4. Crush corn flakes if using to fine crumbs.
5. In a shallow dish or pie pan mix corn-flake crumbs with coconut and curry powder.
6. Drain chicken pieces slightly and coat with crumb mixture.
7. In a shallow baking pan lined with aluminum-foil place skin side up in single layer and drizzle with melted butter.
8. Bake at 350°f about 1 hour until tender.
9. To serve place the chicken on heated plates, garnish with pineapple slice twists dipped in coconut and placed on endive.
Calories 509 Calories from Fat 185
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.1%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 649.6 mg216.5%
Sodium 709.9 mg29.6%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g11.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.5%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 43 g86.4%
Vitamin A 416.3% Vitamin C 100.5%
Calcium 3.7% Iron 104.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet