Mom'S Brunswick Stew
|Frying chickens||14 Pound, cut up (4 whole, 3 1/2 pounds each)|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onions||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Water||2 1⁄2 Quart|
|Canned tomatoes||76 Ounce (9 1/3 cups / 4 cans, 1 pound 3 ounce each)|
|Worcestershire||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Frozen lima beans||40 Ounce (4 packages, 10 ounce each)|
|Okra||2 Pound (4 cups / 2 cans, 1 pound each)|
|Frozen cut corn||40 Ounce (4 packages, 10 ounces each)|
|Dry bread crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs) (not dry packaged kind)|
1. Season the chicken well
2. In a large pan, heat the shortening and add the chicken to the pan. Brown the chicken in batches till completely browned all over
3. Set the chicken aside to cool
4. In the same pan, add the onion and brown it in the drippings.
5. Add the onion to the chicken, along with the water, tomato and the Worcestershire sauce.
6. Cover the pan and bring it to the boil with the beans and the okra. Simmer the mixture for 10 minutes till done
7. Cover with the crumbs. Season the mix till the chicken is done.
8. Serve hot immediately