All American Barbecued Spareribs
|Pork spareribs||6 Pound (3 kilogram, more or less, in 2 slabs)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Barbecue sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (basic type, adjust quantity as needed)|
1. Prepare the covered grill for indirect heat cooking. Position the oiled grill rack 4-6 inches from the fire
2. Sprinkle the meat with salt and pepper on both sides
3. Place the meat on the grill rack so that they are not directly over the heat. Cover the grill and open the vents halfway. Cook this for 45 minutes till done
4. Brush the meat with the sauce, cover and grill for 10 minutes more
5. Turn the ribs, coat with the sauce and grill for 10-15 minutes more.
6. Cut into single ribs and mound on a warmed platter.
7. Serve the platter with roast mashed potatoes and barbeque sauce on the side.