My Little Tartlets
|All-purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cake flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|70% buttermilk vegetable oil spread||6 Tablespoon, cut into pieces and chilled|
|Cold water||11 Teaspoon (3 Tablespoons + 1 To 2 Teaspoons More As Required)|
|Reduced fat cream cheese||3 Ounce|
|Reduced fat ricotta cheese||6 Tablespoon|
|Confectioners sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Pure vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|For glaze and topping:|
|Seedless raspberry jam||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange liqueur/Orange juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Mixed sliced fresh fruit and berries||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
1) Place the oven rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to temperature of 375 degrees.
2) To make the crust, stir together both the flours, sugar and salt in a medium bowl.
3) Use a pastry blender, your fingertips or 2 knives held like scissors to cut in the vegetable oil spread till the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
4) Sprinkle the mixture with 3 tablespoons of cold water and use a fork to toss in order to moisten.
5) Gather the dough into a bowl. Add another 1 to 2 teaspoons of water, if required, to hold the dough together.
6) Flatten the dough into a dish and use plastic wrap to cover. Refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
7) To make the filling, beat the cream cheese in a small bowl, with the help of an electric mixer set on medium speed, till it is fluffy.
8) Into the cream cheese, press the ricotta cheese through a sieve with the help of a rubber spatula.
9) Add the vanilla and confectioners-€™ sugar and beat well till blended.
10) Cover the mixture and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours so that it thickens slightly.
11) Divide the refrigerated dough into 8 equal parts.
12) On a surface that has been floured, roll one dough piece into a round of 5-inches.
13) Fir the round dough piece into a Texas-size (3 1/2 X 1 3/4 inches) or jumbo muffin-pan cup. Repeat the procedure with 7 more muffin cups.
14) Use a fork to prick the bottoms of the dough pieces in the muffin cups.
15) Place on the upper third of the preheated oven and bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, till the dough has turned golden.
16) Transfer the muffins cups to the wire rack and allow to cool.
17) Remove the cooled shells from the pans.
18) To make the glaze, combine together the jam and liqueur or orange juice in a small sauce. Cook over low heat, stirring, till the jam has melted. Allow to slightly cool.
19) Into the cooled shells, spoon the filling carefully.
20) On top of each stuffed shell, arrange the fruit.
21) Brush with the glaze.
22) Serve chilled or at room temperature on a decorative serving platter or individual plates. Some sliced fruit can be served on the side.
Calories 546 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.9%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.4%
Trans Fat 1.3 g
Cholesterol 9.5 mg3.2%
Sodium 390.3 mg16.3%
Total Carbohydrates 77 g25.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.1%
Sugars 26.4 g
Protein 13 g26.5%
Vitamin A 27.9% Vitamin C 59.6%
Calcium 18% Iron 6.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet