Two Bean Chili
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Green pepper||1 Large, chopped (1 Cup)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped (1 Cup)|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon (More / Less According To Taste)|
|Tomato juice||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Kidney beans||15 Ounce, rinsed and drained (1 Can)|
|Great northern beans||15 Ounce, rinsed and drained (1 Can)|
|Sliced green onions||1 Tablespoon (For Garnish:)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||1 Tablespoon|
1. Heat a large (6-quart) casserole or skillet over high heat.
2. Crumble in the beef, add vegetables and sprinkle with spices.
3. SautÃ© until the beef is browned and fat is rendered and vegetables are limp.
4. Drain out the fat.
5. Tip in the tomato juice and beans and bring to a boil.
6. When bubbly, reduce heat to low.
7. Simmer beef, covered, for 20 minutes, stirring once or twice to prevent it from sticking to the base, until the meat is cooked and flavors have been absorbed.
8. Ladle the Two Bean Chili into 4 bowls.
9. Top with cheese and green onions
10. Dollop with sour cream.
11. Serve hot with rice or tacos if you like.