Peach And Blueberry Cobbler
|Peaches||5 , peeled, sliced|
|Fresh blueberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the biscuit topping|
|Softened butter/5 tablespoons spectrum spread||5 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs) (2 Cups Plus 1/4 Cup)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2) In a large saucepan, add in the peaches, blueberries, orange juice, sugar, nutmeg and cornstarch. Bring the mixture to a boil before turning down the flame. Simmer till the mixture becomes thick.
3) Into a 10 X 8-inch baking dish or casserole, add the filling and spread it evenly to reach all corners of the dish.
4) In a bowl, add 2 cups of flour and butter. Using your forefinger and thumb press the two together to get a crumbly mixture.
5) Add in sugar, baking powder and salt and knead the ingredients into a soft dough.
6) On a flat, floured surface, roll out the dough with a rolling pin to the dimension of your baking dish or casserole.
7) Using a cookie cutter, cut about 10 biscuits out from the rolled-out dough.
8) Lay the 10 biscuits on top of the fruit filling. The biscuits may overlap one another. Fill all the gaps with leftover bits of dough.
9) Sprinkle sugar on top of the biscuits.
10) Bake for about 20 minutes or when the top of the biscuits turn a golden brown.
11) Serve the Peach And Blueberry Cobbler by spooning out the biscuits along with the filling below onto individual dessert plates.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2722 Calories from Fat 631
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g110.7%
Saturated Fat 42.5 g212.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 178.2 mg59.4%
Sodium 2238.2 mg93.3%
Total Carbohydrates 495 g165.1%
Dietary Fiber 24.3 g97.1%
Sugars 246.5 g
Protein 44 g88.4%
Vitamin A 98.5% Vitamin C 132.5%
Calcium 142.1% Iron 97.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet