Peach And Blueberry Cobbler
|Peaches||5 , peeled, sliced|
|Fresh blueberries||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh orange juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For the biscuit topping|
|Softened butter/5 tablespoons spectrum spread||5 Tablespoon|
|Flour||2 1⁄4 Cup (36 tbs) (2 Cups Plus 1/4 Cup)|
|Baking powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2) In a large saucepan, add in the peaches, blueberries, orange juice, sugar, nutmeg and cornstarch. Bring the mixture to a boil before turning down the flame. Simmer till the mixture becomes thick.
3) Into a 10 X 8-inch baking dish or casserole, add the filling and spread it evenly to reach all corners of the dish.
4) In a bowl, add 2 cups of flour and butter. Using your forefinger and thumb press the two together to get a crumbly mixture.
5) Add in sugar, baking powder and salt and knead the ingredients into a soft dough.
6) On a flat, floured surface, roll out the dough with a rolling pin to the dimension of your baking dish or casserole.
7) Using a cookie cutter, cut about 10 biscuits out from the rolled-out dough.
8) Lay the 10 biscuits on top of the fruit filling. The biscuits may overlap one another. Fill all the gaps with leftover bits of dough.
9) Sprinkle sugar on top of the biscuits.
10) Bake for about 20 minutes or when the top of the biscuits turn a golden brown.
11) Serve the Peach And Blueberry Cobbler by spooning out the biscuits along with the filling below onto individual dessert plates.