|Green pepper||1 Large, diced to make 1 cup|
|Celery ribs||2 , thinly sliced to make 1 cup|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Dried oregano leaves||1⁄2 Teaspoon, crushed|
|Garlic powder/2 cloves fresh garlic , minced||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground red pepper/Cayenne||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Tomato juice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Large shrimp||1 Pound, shelled and deveined|
|Cooked parboiled rice||4 Cup (64 tbs), hot|
|Green onion||1 , sliced (For Garnish)|
1. In a large soup pot or casserole, melt the margarine or butter.
2. When hot, add vegetables, herbs and spice.
3. Saute until vegetables are limp.
4. Reserving ½ cup tomato juice, pour the remaining 1 cup into the pan and stir.
5. Heat and bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
6. Simmer, covered, for 5 minutes until vegetables are cooked and flavors have blended.
7. To the boiling liquid, add the shrimp.
8. Blend cornstarch in reserved ½ cup tomato juice and stir into the stew.
9. Reduce heat and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring constantly, until shrimp are pink and stew is thick.
10. Divide the hot cooked rice equally among 4 dinner bowls.
11. Ladle the hot stew over the rice