Fragrant Pear Charlotte
|Ripe pears||3 Pound, chopped|
|Orange rind||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|All fruit raspberry preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Apple juice||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole grain bread slices||12 , crusts removed|
|Nonfat vanilla yogurt||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Raspberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven hot to 450°F.
2) Keep a large frying pan over medium-low heat.
3) Add pears, orange rind, and vanilla.
4) Simmer and stir for about 30 minutes.
5) Drain out the excess liquid, if required.
6) In a 1-quart saucepan add preserves and apple juice.
7) Heat until combined.
8) Grease an 8 1/2-inch round glass baking dish with nonstick spray.
9) Line a round waxed paper at the base of the dish.
10) Halve 5 slices of bread diagonally.
11) Dip each side into the preserves.
12) Arrange the slices, dipped side down at the bottom of the dish.
13) Trim the slices accordingly to cover the bottom.
14) Slice remaining bread into 1-inch strips.
15) Dip each side into the preserves.
16) Line the slices dipped side out dipped side out. Cover completely with it.
17) Baste the bread with the remaining preserves.
18) Mound pear mixture into the pan.
19) Bake for 15 minutes.
20) Decrease oven temperature to 350°F and bake for 30 minutes.
21) Keep in the pan for sometime to cool.
22) Cover and refrigerate overnight.
23) To serve, run blade of a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the bread.
24) Upside on a serving plate.
25) Remove the waxed paper.
26) Serve the charlotte with yogurt and raspberries.