Coconut Waffles Hawaiian
|All-purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs), sifted|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Baking soda||1 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), melted|
|Coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded or raked|
1. In a bowl sift together flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
2. In another bowl beat eggs until light and fluffy.
3. To the beaten eggs add dry ingredients and buttermilk alternately beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
4. Blend in melted butter arid coconut thoroughly.
5. Into a preheated waffle baker pour and bake until done.
6. Serve piping hot with slices or rounds of fresh papaya which has been sprinkled with fresh lime or lemon juice.
7. Drizzle Orange syrup, below, over waffles and papayas.
Calories 327 Calories from Fat 176
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.9%
Saturated Fat 11.9 g59.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 146.1 mg48.7%
Sodium 501.3 mg20.9%
Total Carbohydrates 28 g9.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.2%
Sugars 0.6 g
Protein 9 g17.9%
Vitamin A 11.8% Vitamin C 0.27%
Calcium 6.9% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet