Popovers with Creamed Chicken
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cooked chicken/Canned chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked chicken/Canned chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
|Canned drained mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canned drained mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt/Seasoned salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 425 °F.
2. In a bowl sift 1 cup flour, measure and sift again with salt.
3. Beat eggs with rotary beater until thick and lemon colored.
4. Gradually add milk and 1 tablespoon melted butter.
5. Stir in salted flour and beat until mixture is smooth.
6. Fill buttered custard cups a little less than half full.
7. Bake in the oven preheated for about 40 minutes.
8. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter and blend in 2 tablespoons flour.
9. Slowly add broth and cook stirring until thickened.
10. Add chicken, mushrooms, seasoned salt and nutmeg and heat through.
11. In a bowl beat egg, cream and sherry together and then add into chicken mixture.
12. Split sides of hot –popovers, fill with creamed chicken and serve.