Popovers with Creamed Chicken
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cooked chicken/Canned chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cooked chicken/Canned chicken||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
|Canned drained mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canned drained mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt/Seasoned salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven at 425 °F.
2. In a bowl sift 1 cup flour, measure and sift again with salt.
3. Beat eggs with rotary beater until thick and lemon colored.
4. Gradually add milk and 1 tablespoon melted butter.
5. Stir in salted flour and beat until mixture is smooth.
6. Fill buttered custard cups a little less than half full.
7. Bake in the oven preheated for about 40 minutes.
8. Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter and blend in 2 tablespoons flour.
9. Slowly add broth and cook stirring until thickened.
10. Add chicken, mushrooms, seasoned salt and nutmeg and heat through.
11. In a bowl beat egg, cream and sherry together and then add into chicken mixture.
12. Split sides of hot –popovers, fill with creamed chicken and serve.
Calories 280 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.8%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163.2 mg54.4%
Sodium 272.8 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g5%
Dietary Fiber 0.15 g0.58%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 17 g34.2%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet