Old Timer's Beef Stew
|Round steak||2 Pound, cut|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetables||3 Pound, frozen|
|Beef broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon, dried|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Dried marjoram||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1) In a zip-top plastic bag, combine together meat and flour. Close the bag and shake well.
2) In a large non-stick skillet, heat the oil over high heat.
3) Add the flour-coated meat to the skillet and cook till it has turned brown. Keep stirring frequently.
4) Into a crock-pot (slow cooker), place the browned meat, stew vegetables and all the remaining ingredients.
5) Stir just enough to mix the spices.
6) Cover the cooker and cook on LOW for about 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
7) Serve hot.
Calories 678 Calories from Fat 221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g37.8%
Saturated Fat 8.3 g41.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92 mg30.7%
Sodium 641.8 mg26.7%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.5%
Dietary Fiber 15.3 g61.2%
Sugars 0.5 g
Protein 62 g124%
Vitamin A 354.2% Vitamin C 69.3%
Calcium 20.6% Iron 55.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet