Oyster Beef Stew
|Oysters||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Ginger root||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Water||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Green onion stalks||2 , cut|
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Drain oysters reserving the canning liquid make the sauce.
2. Trim fat off the steak then slice thinly into strips.
3. In a cup, blend cornstarch in water and soy sauce and keep aside.
4. In a large wok or a cast iron skillet, heat the oil over moderate high heat.
5. When hot but not smoking, add the gingerroot and fry for 1 minute to release flavors.
6. Add steak strips and stir fry quickly for 3 to 4 minutes until almost tender.
7. Pour in the reserved oyster liquid and cornstarch mixture.
8. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
9. Simmer, stirring frequently until sauce is thick
10. Turn off heat and stir in oysters and half the green onion.
11. Serve immediately over hot cooked rice and garnish with remaining green onions.